Counter the Effects of Ageing on Your Skin
WITH ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS
Results Driven Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
As we age, our skin loses its integrity and becomes prone to wrinkles, especially in areas where we use our muscles to express ourselves, such as the forehead, around the eyebrows and also the crow's feet area. Toxin can be used to smoothen out frown lines, forehead lines and also crow’s feet wrinkles in order to freshen and improve one’s complexion.
By relaxing the action of specific muscles, the skin will also relax and thereby improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The toxin works on specific muscles in which it is injected into and therefore its effects will be localised to that particular area in a way that you are comfortable with.
The use of anti-wrinkle injections to improve these wrinkles is very much a bespoke and customised treatment with several factors taken into consideration by Dr Sofia in order to deliver a natural looking result to help you look and feel your best.
Discover the Science Behind Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
The toxin (a purified protein) works to relax muscles, specifically facial muscles that are responsible for causing skin wrinkles. The toxin is administered via several small injections into focussed areas.
It is an extremely safe and very minimally invasive treatment that has been used both cosmetically and medically for several decades. The treatment is quick, relatively pain-free with little/no downtime meaning no one needs to know you have had treatment and it does not require time off work or need to be planned several weeks/months in advance.
Dr Sofia will undertake a detailed consultation and assess a client's suitability and general and medical health prior to treatment to ensure she performs treatments that are in her client's best interest.
Treatment outcomes may be customised according to a client’s anatomy, appearance and personal wishes.
Jaw Slimming Treatment
Toxin treatment is an extremely versatile treatment and as such can be used to treat many different conditions/concerns.
In particular, jaw slimming can be achieved by injecting toxin into the Masseter muscles of the jaw to make them appear less prominent/wide. This can help the face to look less square or round and instead appear softer or more V-shaped in appearance and ultimately make it appear slimmer.
In addition to cosmetic enhancement, this treatment can treat medical conditions such as teeth grinding (Bruxism) which is a result of over-activity of the Masseter muscles.
Gummy Smile Treatment
A gummy smile is where excess upper gum can be seen when smiling. The toxin is injected carefully in the upper-lip area to reduce the amount of visible gum tissue when smiling and helps the upper lip to appear more fuller. This simple yet highly effective treatment can give you a new smile which you are more comfortable and confident with.
This can be a standalone treatment, or can be combined with lip filler treatment to achieve a more relaxed and attractive smile.
Toxin can be used to achieve a subtle yet youthful brow elevation, enhancing the arch of the brow and position of the eyebrows. The eyes appear more relaxed, refreshed and wider.
The 'Brow lift' treatment can be performed on most people, and can be particularly effective for those individuals who have naturally heavy eyelids and low-hanging eyebrows. The brow lift essentially 'lifts' the skin tissue above and around the eyebrows so that the natural eyebrow arch or tail of the brow is slightly elevated.
This is an extremely effective and straightforward treatment that can be performed in both younger and older clients.
It can be a standalone treatment or can be combined with dermal filler treatment to achieve maximum brow lift.
Perioral Rejuvenation & Smoker's Lines
Fine and deep lines around the mouth can be softened and even reversed with anti-wrinkle injections. Whether these are due to your natural ageing process or a result of smoking over the years, this is an excellent treatment choice to restore the mouth area and can instantly make this area appear more youthful and refreshed.
Dermal fillers can be combined with anti-wrinkle injections in this area to achieve optimum results.
An Overview of Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Options
What to expect with Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
How Does it Work
- The muscle relaxant is skillfully injected into specific areas to target specific muscles in order to reduce muscle activity and smoothen the skin.
- Reduced muscle activity will decrease skin movement and also decrease wrinkles/lines upon movement ("dynamic lines")
- Lines at rest ("static lines") will also improve and are often reversed so that the skin appears smoother and the complexion appears fresher. Many clients report their makeup sits better and does not accumulate in the lines/skin creases.
What happens during the consultation
- Dr Sofia will perform a thorough consultation and examination to assess treatment suitability.
- During this consultation the client's skin and the degree of their wrinkles will be assessed and the appropriate dosage of toxin will be calculated.
- Dr Sofia is committed to achieving natural looking results and strives to steer away from an artificial appearance or frozen look. However, customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to Dr Sofia and she will always listen to your concerns and expectations and customize the treatment accordingly.
What happens during the treatment
- The skin is prepared and cleansed thoroughly and depending upon client’s wishes, the skin can be numbed with topical numbing cream or ice to reduce discomfort.
- Toxin is administered via several small injections into the target areas.
- Treatment typically takes 10-20 minutes.
- Post-treatment balm is applied to soothe the skin and to minimise any skin irritation.
- Post-treatment aftercare if provided orally and in a written format so that clients are prepared and treatment outcomes are optimsed.
How long does the treatment last?
- Optimum results are seen by two weeks. Most individuals notice an improvement within a few days to first week. However, full effects can take two full weeks to be achieved.
- The results of toxin therapy are temporary and tend to last approximately 3-4 months on average depending on individual skin types and circumstances.
- It is recommended to maintain regular treatments in order to prevent the re-appearance of wrinkles.
- In time, the duration of each treatment may last longer than your average treatment duration and you may find that you require less frequent treatments.
Depending on the areas treated and your own natural metabolic rate, the duration of results may vary for each individual.
What to expect/Common Side Effects
- Common side effects include some discomfort, redness, irritation, swelling and bruising, however these are short lived and safe.
- There's is very little to no downtime and therefore treatments can be performed at any time such as in your lunch break or prior to a social engagement - ie very little to no impact on you day to day activities.
- More severe but uncommon side effects include paralysing or causing weakness of nearby muscles but again these effects will be short lived and in some cases, potentially reversible.
- Be honest regarding your medical history and personal circumstances.
- Do drink plenty of water.
- Avoid any blood thinning medications or treatments prior to and after the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for 24-48 hours before and after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure to the area before treatment and after.
- Be honest regarding your medical history and personal circumstances.
Avoid the gym/exercise, make-up, massages and facials, extremes of temperature and also lying down/extremes of movement for 4-6 hours post treatment. For optimum treatment outcomes avoid facials and facial massage treatments for 2 weeks post-procedure.